Call Centre Closure – Career Centre
- Restructure business to relocate customer call centres to United States.
- Employees needed to maintain call centre activities, while preparing to transition the work to colleagues.
- Closure of call centres in Edmonton and Ottawa, affecting 1,500 employees over 3 month working notice period.
- 3-month programs for all employees, delivered on-site.
- All employees met 1:1 with their consultants within two weeks.
- Workshops offered to supplement the 1:1 with coaches, including a workshop for international professionals.
- Hired former company executive to talk about networking.
- Brought in recruiters to advertise what positions they had available.
- High rate of retention (less than 2% attrition).
- Maintained high productivity and customer satisfaction as operations were moved out of country.
- High satisfaction ratings from employees and organization.
- References available.