Whether there’s a new executive joining your senior team from within or outside your organization, a first-time manager who needs to develop leadership competencies, or an employee who exhibits real potential for a future executive role, coaching can help build the necessary skills and behaviours for both individual and organizational success.
Laying the Groundwork for Effective Coaching
Verity’s collaborative approach can include:
- Working with your organization to help identify leadership competencies that are tied to your business objectives, culture, strategy and future vision.
- Partnering with you to develop senior role profiles, so that you can ensure you have the right people on board – or can develop them – in order to achieve success.
- Conducting psychometric assessments and collecting 360-degree feedback in order to pinpoint areas of focus.
A distinguishing feature of our approach is that we build our coaching around individuals, rather than trying to push them into “one size fits all” programs. Not surprisingly, we find this process nets more effective results and assists to ensure the positive changes are sustainable.
It is important to ensure the leader being coached, views the opportunity positively, as a stepping stone to greater effectiveness and knows that we operate in an environment of confidentiality and trust. Equally critical is the “fit” between the leader and the coach, and for that reason, we recommend that a leader select his or her coach from Verity’s roster of experienced professional coaches.
Coaching During the Onboarding Process
Beyond standard coaching for existing employees, Verity has considerable expertise onboarding new leaders. We understand the importance of an effective onboarding program, to ensure that new leaders are aligned with the culture, mission and values of the organization they have joined. The focus is on strengthening the leader’s connection to the organization and its employees and building a strategic plan for the leader’s success.
If orientation is an event, onboarding is a process that usually takes up to three months. We assist with that process by helping the new leader to maneuver through the political landscape, as well as identifying potential internal mentors who may also assist with the onboarding process.
Verity’s coaching services provide:
- A results-oriented approach focused on achieving individual and organizational success
- A range of formats: developmental, executive, team and coaching circles
- National and global coaching, available through our international offices