Restructuring – Career Centre
- Closure of three mines in northern Ontario.
- Approximately 750 employees leaving the organization - 500 immediately; 250 managers with 3 months working notice.
- Managers on working notice needed to transition the work to other mines and close the locations.
- Met each employee both in a group (for announcements) and individually (1:1 with a consultant) on-site, over three days.
- Set up and ran two off-site career centres for 750 employees – one for employees, one for managers.
- Centres were open for six months.
- Ran seminars on a variety of topics.
- Had regular 1:1 meetings with each employee. Resourced a “Job Developer” to find opportunities for employees.
- Provided specialized reporting (statistics/charts/graphs) to company on a weekly basis.
- Job developer found hundreds of opportunities for employees.
- Approximately 80% were re-employed within six months (some had to relocate; some were hired back to the organization).
- High satisfaction ratings from employees and organization.
- References available.